Thursday 27 September 2018

My muse has flown.


After the euphoria which died at the end of my most recent painting Nyarinya, which as I have earlier mentioned, was the largest oil painting I have done, I have sort of lost the will to paint. I am at a loss for subject matter, medium or mode and have been staring at blank canvases for the past week.

One option would be to go back to semi-completed paintings (you know, those ones that at some point we become stuck on and can't proceed) and attempt to make a more detailed finale.

Would have loved to make another huge painting before the Society for Nigerian Artists exhibition in a few weeks time (well, huge by my standards is the 36 inches by 36 inches blank canvas winking at me) but it just isn't happening.

A final option would be to just go back to bed - ID Extra and Crime & Investigation and Candy Crush being my companion. Getting to level 2574 is not 'snuff spit' as my people would say (giving myself a pat on the shoulder till the muse returns).

No comments:

Post a Comment