Monday 19 October 2020

First Solo Exhibition - the first of many more


I felt quite fulfilled at the opening of my solo exhibition, I Said No featuring mainly works created during the COVID-19 lockdown in Port Harcourt. I believe this is a watershed moment in my transition from years of practice as a HR practitioner to Fine Art. The body of work highlights contemporary issues of gender-based violence, police brutality, discrimination and rape and the ability of the human spirit to rise above them. From the activism of I Said No to the bright, happier paintings of Hope and Celebration, the exhibition is located in the luscious greenery of Marley & Blue, a bespoke, cozy Port Harcourt coffee shop right in the heart of GRA phase 2. 

Some pictures from the opening evening.







No comments:

Post a Comment